edited February 2014 in ORK Support
I was wondering if there was such a feature. I haven't tried the Shake Camera step, but I'm not sure if it's what I can use. What I am asking for is a camera motion that seems like someonne is holding the camera, as opposed to being static. I would provide an example, but I am on my phone atm. During combatant selection, I wanted the camera to appear active for cinematic poses, even if it's a little motion-y.
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • I imagine that you could use a very slow shake for that, but I'm not sure if the effect on the player would be anything less than nauseating... haha.
    // www.newrealitygames.co.uk \\
  • Haha. I suppose when I can get to a PC, I can see if it doesn't. ;p
  • The upcoming curve move/rotation steps should be useful for this :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Really? Wouldn't have expected that from that! I pray it will be a simple process for my tiny brain!
  • Now that Curve Move is out, what is the verdict on the feature in question? Can it do it?
  • edited February 2014
    Not sure, haven't tried it out yet.

I figure you could also just put a simple local animation on the camera object for when you want a swaying camera, and play/stop the animation as necessary?
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • That's one way. But I'd like to be able to have the effect applied to the Main Camera during combatant selection automatically as opposed to having to use an event. Basically, I want the dynamic movement to play during selection, then turn off when an combatant attacks.
  • The curve feature has been in there since 2.0.3 :)

To create a camera shake using the curve, you can e.g. use the Curve Move step and use curves on all (or some) axes, which go multiple times into positive and negative value and ultimately return to 0.
    The curve values will be added to the original position of an object, so the curve defines the changes to the position the object had at the start of the move.

If you want automatic camera changes on certain things in battle, you might want to look at the Battle Camera settings in Battle System > Battle Settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So if I found a dynamic camera script, I can call that function for Battle Camera? Not on my PC atm so I can't see for myself!
  • No, but the battle camera allows setting up a simple automatic camera that will look at different things (either using Camera Positions or simply with a look at motion).
    You can use it to look at a target selection, at the current combatant using the battle menu, the latest combatant using an action and the latest combatant that received damage.
  • edited February 2014
    If I made a commission request for the feature in question, could you add it in Battle Settings > Battle Camera?
    Post edited by Griffin on
  • Sure, just send me a description of the needed features to contact@orkframework.com and I'll let you now the costs :)
  • Ok, I will do so when I'm ready! Thread no longer needed. :D