Since I imagine none of us have that square enix money for pre-rendered cutscenes, I would like to request a matinee system. I am trying to recreate a childhood favorite game of mine (legend of dragoon) to learn how to use ORK.
Something that I have no clue how to do is make a matinee that will play when I interact with events in the world or by entering a scene. At the start of the game there is essentially a video of Dart being saved by a mysterious women in black. Something I would like to recreate as well as the hundred other matinees in the first half hour of this game. I may only complete the game up to the first boss.
This may already be in but I haven't seen anything in the tuts so I thought I would ask here.
You will always fail at what you do not try.
  • this is all doable with the event system
    new website can be found here http://www.fore-loregames.com

Follow the game Development on Twitter https://twitter.com/Fore_Lore_Games

or check out the face book page here https://www.facebook.com/ForeLoreGames
  • @wtyson Can you elaborate please?
  • edited April 2015
    You can probably do that using a 3d scene and prefabs in your scene and cameras and the event system as wtyson mentioned. I made a cutscene as an intro to Omber using waypoints and the camera and events. I'm sure it would work to do any cutscene. You get your player there, do the events and get your player out to another scene.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • @Catacomber I will give it a try. Not really a priority at the moment but definitely something I will need at some point. Thank you.
  • edited April 2015
    I think the same sequence of events I used would work as a cutscene. Will try that when I can.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • Let me know how it works out for you! I am both dreading it and incredibly excited!
  • Yep, in-game cut-scenes are done with the event system. You can move stuff around, play animations, do camera changes, play sounds, etc.

Just like animating battles, you can do the same in game events to animate your cut-scenes :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Awesome! Still, the undertaking is going to be intense I think. I am not a super fan of animating scenes.
  • This is what I am stuck with at the moment.

I need to create some cutscenes to explain story line at the start - basically the characters moving around the scene, talking etc.

Would all of this be handled by events?

I dont suppose this is planned to be added as a tutorial is it?

Thanks!
  • Yes, would all be handled by events. The game tutorials pretty much covered what's needed to do this.

It's not that different from animating the battle actions or the introduction event (moving the camera over the field scene).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • My thank you shall be better late then never! Thank you!