edited February 2014 in ORK Support
First of all hello to everyone, im amazed from this framework but i got a small problem i m getting mad on it :D how i can add items on the main menu, i tried in every way, i would like to add, achievements and movies and so on. thx for you help!!

Ciao
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited February 2014
    I suppose you could script these systems yourself. However, if you want to do this stuff you could do it this simple way, which is how I can think of it in my mind. For achievements and such would be to have a simple log, name it achievements and have them list there. The only problem is this would be fairly basic, no pretty achievement pictures.. just text, unless you add icons in the text box I suppose. For movies.. I suppose you mean a 'movie viewer' where you can view previously seen cutscenes?
    I'd suggest making another sub-menu using items with global events that spawn prefabs (obviously the prefab would be a movie you've already set up).
    Unfortunately I can't say these are sure fire ways as I haven't really tried them, just a theory and a possible way you could implement them until you find a better way.
    Post edited by Loopdaloop on
  • Im sry but im pretty new to this framework ( 1 Day ) :) and i wonder why i can add just simple items ( voices ) to the main menu, i dont mean all the work for implementig it, but just add 2 more items in the menu voices . Thx
  • As mentioned via email (I guess it's you :D), there are only the basic main menu items available, set up in Menus > Main Menu.
    To implement custom main menu items, you'll need to implement them in the MainMenuChoice class.

If needed, I can implement the option to add custom items which will call some function on a game object or something like that :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2014
    Of course, this will be great!! every game now has achievements, bonus, cut scenes viewer, so been able to add menu items than maybe just simple load new scenes will be great and a great way of freedom for the users! Im planning to use it in my real production, so this will help a lot! Im making an anime Jrpg like Final Fantasy VII and i own Anime Studios with ex TOEI guys and ex DISNEY guys, this link is one of the game trailers ( still in compositing of course ), if someone want help us pls call me, we are in need of everyone willing to help us :D ! thx guys !!!!! https://www.dropbox.com/s/f0oevtr42a3jadi/Battle Trailer + 29 seq_2.mov

This is My SkypeAccount is someone want contact me ;) phoenixangels_boss :D
    Post edited by PhoenixAngels on
  • Looks interesting - let me know if you need any features, I'm also available for commission work (also regarding features for ORK, see details here).

Be sure to post it in the Showcase forum :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • wow! Commissions! I will be buying ORK very soon!
  • @Gil - Yeah, it'd be pretty sweet if you could implement that feature.

@Phoenix - The anime sequence looked really good, impressive. Like Gil said, you should post it in showcase. :p
  • I'll Post it many thx ;)