edited February 2014 in ORK Support
I want to make effect expire based on some status change. Right now, I can use "seconds", But my game has custom timer, and I have no clue, how to make effect my global effect expire, like, in "4 in-game hours". I thought to tie it to some status value "Ingame Time", but can't find any workaround so far. Is it any way to make this working?
Post edited by ryumaster on
  • edited February 2014
    Actualy, don't mind this question right now. Its just triggered to me, that I can try and associate my in-game time with okashi's turns. Hopefully that will work out, as I can set effect expiration in turns. Just wonder, if can make those 'turns' tick later after battle for global effects to expire.
    Post edited by ryumaster on
  • If your in-game time has a fixed real time (e.g. 2 seconds real time are 1 minute in-game), you could just calculate the duration and set it in real time seconds.
    Other than that, you'd have to do some custom scripting to change the status effect's time ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Well, actually hooking to turn as to time tick works perfect :) The reason of such complexity as that I am re-creating MM7 system which has real-time and turn-base at the same time, so if you would use real time seconds, it will fail in-between switching from phase combat to real-time.