Does it work for you without any problems? I hope to use it in my next game. I would miss the black screen of the Pro version--I think a lot of people have been very verbal about this in the Unity forum but I just want to make my game without any problems. I can live with a white background in the editor but I want to make sure I won't have any horror shows and has anyone found a good reason to use the Pro version in Unity 5. Apart from Level 11 in the asset store which you can subscribe to separately.

• edited May 2015
    Beside issues with some shaders at the beginning (since they wheren't fully compatible to Unity 5), I haven't really run into any big issues.
    Scenes sometimes decide to rebake lighting (bringing down performance), but you can disable that and only bake them when you want :)

Having access to all features in the free version (e.g. NavMesh is really helpful for moving enemies) definitely exceeds the issues. The Pro version is probably only useful for bigger companies that need prioritized support and exceed the revenue limit :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks. That settles it for me.
  • edited May 2015
    I had actually initially preordered Unity 5, but the instant they revealed that Personal was going to be full-featured, I got a refund.

Unless you're interested in F2P analytics and metrics, and some similar features, Pro has little value for the typical indie dev, and you'd be paying 1500 for a toggle that removes the Unity Personal splash. (And actually, the fee-version splash is much, much less offensive than it used to be).

In regards to ORK, I've had almost zero issues with it and Unity 5. The only problem I've run into is updating ORK versions manually because of bizarre GUID problems, but it's an easy fix.
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames