edited May 2015 in General Discussion
Hi,

I am using ORK to create a RPG and had an idea about combining it with another Kit that is non RPG Related.

How easy would it be to combine the two?

My idea was fairly simple in using both - ORK would deal with the majority of the game IE movement, Combat, etc like your typical RPG. However there would be some quests involved that would use the other kit.

One of the kits I was thinking as a card game kit, the player gets a quest where they must win a card game, accepts - starts the card game.

I was assuming that this could be handled like a normal quest, event set up with the variable - when the card game ends the ORK system uses an event variable to set as card game won - true or something along them lines and player can hand the quest in.

Would this sort of thing work?

Thanks
  • Sure, that's possible.

You can use the event system to call functionality of other products, e.g. using a Call Function step to start a function of a component. Also, you can access all of ORK's functionality from script, e.g. setting a quest task to being finished or a variable to a value.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2015
    !!! IGNORE this post i made, i found answers to it elsewhere. !!!

I know this is pretty old, but i was curious if when calling a function you can feed it ork related information. Say i was to call a playmaker function in the ork framework, could i potentially feed the combatant's current information into the arguments parameter of the function?

this is just in pseudo-code.

call 'playmaker function' in ork framework
    'playmaker function' will recieve information related to the combatant's position, direction, and any other status related information,
    such as but not limited to: Health, Mana, Strength, Accuracy, Buffs, Debuffs, and so on.

another curiosity i would like to raise would be sending information to ORK from an external source.
    Post edited by Solist on