edited February 2014 in General Discussion
Do you have any coming plans for Photon integration? If so, that would be awesome!!!
  • edited February 2014
    GiL's taking a look at NGUI as it's generally the de-facto GUI option with Unity; but I wouldn't hold my breath for official Photon or any other Multiplayer support, it's not really the focus of the framework.
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Jup, working on NGUI - support for Photon is not planned as ORK Framework's target is single player.
    But an integration is possible, so you can do it yourself :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Sorry to necro-post. I didn't want to start a new thread.

Will you be doing a write up of how to get started in integrating a 3rd party GUI? I have Daikon Forge GUI. I figured, since you are already working on NGUI, why not learn from the developer.
    I tend to learn by example.
  • Maybe, but once this is finished you'll be able to look it up in the source code :)
    For starters, here is a little heads up on how to go about this.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes , Do you have roadmap about NGUI and photon? Or you wait Unity5 clode store game data in clode.
    RPG game server is requment part.
  • Or you may give us extension example for NGUI or game server , So other developer also can create extension plugin for orkframework. created a good ecological environment.
  • As I said, support for Photon isn't planned. Also, there is no roadmap for NGUI - it's done when it's done :)
  • I think i can help gil here. Photon, Parse.com etc are cloud providers for unity app server backend. But, and a very big BUT, each cloud/server provider locks you into a proprietary cloud API so its tough for a game engine dev to do a generic backend.
  • A multiplayer integration in this framework would make this kit more awesome , but the single player function is already a good kit itself !
  • maybe take multiplayer code from Photon Viking Multiplayer Showcase since that is an mmo design