edited November 2015 in ORK Support
I'm trying to devise a method to incorporate a morale bar into ORK. Is there a way to make a status value that can be influenced by several combatants instead of just one?

I feel like I've asked this, so sorry if I did!
Post edited by Griffin on
  • Hmm, it depends on exactly what you mean by influenced by several combatants. Are you trying to find an 'overall' morality rating of an entire party?
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Well, you could use a global float variable for that. There's no status value sharing (unless you somehow sync it, e.g. using the event system).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @Kirb

Basically, the morale bar increases when certain conditions are covered by combatant actions, such as a Critical Hit or killing an enemy combatant.

@gamingislove: Could you point me in the right direction using the event system? Thanks!
  • The Change Status Value step :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hey! That's not a bad idea! Forgot about that step. Here's my plan:

1. Create a status value
    2. Color the fill bar blue (indicating allies)
    3. Color the empty bar red (indicating enemies)
    4. Use Change Status Value step on ally actions, increasing the value.
    5. Use same step on enemy actions, decreasing the value.
    6. When the value decreases, the red bar shows more, implying the enemy is gaining morale as the allies lose.

Booyah!
  • Actually, I guess the only question left is what do I connect the value to? Does it have to be attached to a combatant?
  • Well, a status value is always from a combatant - if you want it to be the same for each member of the group, you'll need to synchronize the values of the whole group. The Change Status Value step can be used to change the values of the whole group, e.g. Set it to the current value of the player's status value using a formula.