Does anyone know how I could create a 3rd person control and camera setup
that would operate like Dark Souls, Bloodborne or Dragon's Dogma?

I've gotten the player to run around with the left stick of the controller
and the camera to rotate around the player with the right stick.

But I can't get the player to move around while taking the camera's rotation into account.
In other words, he either moves around according to his own local space or global space.
I need him to consider the camera's rotation to be his own while still facing the direction he moves.

Thanks.
  • @RustedGames That's pretty neat. Good find.
  • However I'd still like to keep this discussion open in case someone can figure a way to do it purely via Makinom and/or Ork.
  • Ok so I looked at Ork and it has a Player Controls section just under the Player Components section.
    This has a Use Camera Direction box that does more or less what I needed.
    In my humble opinion Makinom should have the same thing.
    Makes setting up the player much more convenient.

Can anyone think of a way to jury-rig the same thing with Makinom?
  • Makinom doesn't have any built-in player controls, because Makinom is a framework to e.g. create such controls in the first place.
    I.e. you need to do this in the schematic that handles your player controls, e.g. transforming the movement vector (coming from your controls) to camera space.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • "transforming the movement vector (coming from your controls) to camera space. "
    Could you please give me a sample schematic?
    At this point I'm so frustrated I'd be willing to pay.
  • Well, it's a bit complicated - I've set up a simple schematic handling it, you can download it here.

I might add a new option or node to do this in an easier way in future updates.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • thanks