edited April 2016 in ORK Support
Hello,

I'm making a top-down 2D rpg.

Currently my project has three scenes:

1.Start Game - Where the start menu is located

2. Main World - Where my characters join the active group and spawn.

And where I have a monster with an interaction trigger event that brings the player group into the battle scene.

3. Battle Scene - Where i have a real time battle area set up with a monster group and my part members set in battle locations.

Ive been following the tutorials and created 4 battle events which are meant to store the music and scene data of the previous scene and load the battle scene.

Under the condition that the battle is won, or the player escapes, the escape battle event (one of the 4 battle events i made) recalls the stores data and reloads the first scene.

The Problem:

When I escape the battle via leaving the real time battle arena trigger collider limit, the game reloads the Main Game scene but all of my characters (prefabs) are missing.

When I open the game menu, my batttle group members are still in the party, but their game objects are gone.

I thought that storing the scene was supposed to remember everything in the scene including spawn points and game object locations right?

Perhaps I am not configuring something correctly?

Help please?

Thanks!
Post edited by twill14 on
  • [Solution] (For those potentially interested)

I figured out what I did wrong (I feel stupid)

Within my Start Battle Event, I had a Store Scene procedure.

However, I had assigned my battle events to the Real Time Battle general settings.
    -
    So what ended up happening was when my character was teleported to the Battle Scene, a new Store Scene procedure must have gotten called. And that's what led to there being no character prefabs in the Main scene on return (because they were probably still in the battle scene)

To fix it, I ended up removing the events from the general Real Time Battle Settings, and just placing them direction on the Monster with a battle component attached with an interaction event.

This way, when I interact with the monster the stored scene would indeed be the current Main scene and then when I left the Battle scene (through shameful escape) I would return to the Main scene along with my player and other allied prefabs.
  • That's called "post and ye shall find" -- the solution yourself. :D
  • Actually, @Catacomber:

http://www.rubberduckdebugging.com/

:) I use it a lot. Like, a lot.
  • aaaaaaand one of my kid's rubber ducks has now just found a new home on my desk.
    My little chunk of the internet: http://artemic.com
  • Mmmmhmmm I got myself a duck :D