edited March 2014 in ORK Support
When adding a battle event with explosion rigidbody to an ability, the ability doesn't seem to work. The explosion force itself doesn't happen, and the ability parameters (MP cost, damage, etc) do not trigger. I set up rigidbody on my combatants etc. Any ideas why?
  • You'll probably have to provide a little more info and specifics on what it is you're trying to do with this ability. (The ability causes an explosion? Have you made sure your combatants actually know the ability?)
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • edited March 2014
    I'm trying to implement a knockback effect to push an enemy away from the combatant. The combatant knows the ability, I use it from the shortcut etc, and it has a Use Cost of 10 MP. The ability uses the battle event I named Knockback under the 'Animate' section of the ability. This Battle Event is the Explosion Rigidbody. The Rigidbody Object is the Target, and the Explosion Position is the user.

I can use the ability just fine if I remove the Knockback battle event from it (I can tell this because the combatant uses his MP). When I add the Knockback battle event, then the MP is not used, meaning the ability is not running correctly for whatever reason.
    Post edited by Juryiel on
  • That's strange - just tried this and didn't happen for me.

Can you send me your battle event with the knockback?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2014
    I just emailed it. The event is pretty simple and if you find nothing wrong with it it's possible I'm making a mistake somewhere else. Any specific Rigidbody settings or ability settings I need to get it to work?
    Post edited by Juryiel on
  • For those running into the same problem:
    - the rigidbody components added with damage zones have Freeze Position/Rotation enabled, this will prevent them from receiving forces.
    - when using battle events to animate your abilities, you'll need to add a Calculate step, else there wont be anything used like use costs, target changes, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Just had a chance to try this and indeed with these changes it works :) Thanks!