Greetings,

I decided to upgrade to 5.5 since GiL seems to be headed in that direction :). I did what I usually do, copy my latest project into a new folder and open it with the new version of Unity and let Unity convert the project. I've been doing this for several years now. This time however, I get to where Unity is about to load and then I get the crash report window. The essence of the logs are this:
mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module mono.dll

D:\Program Files (x86)\Unity550\Editor\Unity.exe, run by MyUserName_Here.
45% memory in use.
16324 MB physical memory [8919 MB free].
18756 MB paging file [8291 MB free].
134217728 MB user address space [134215739 MB free].
Read from location 00000000 caused an access violation.
I have over 8 GB (of 16 GB) of memory free so it's not that. Anyway, just wonder if anyone else has had any issues.

FYI - I can open an empty project without any issues so Unity 5.5 is working fine as far as I can tell.

Thanks!
  • Shouldn't really be ORK related - the only issue ORK (pre 2.9.1) has with Unity 5.5 is that the NavMesh stuff has been moved to a new namespace, which will only give you errors when playing the game and using NavMesh options in ORK.

To make sure it's not due to the incompatible ORK version, you could import ORK into a new (empty) project and just copy the ORK DLLs into your other project outside of Unity :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @GiL Yeah, I wasn't thinking it was ORK related. Sorry if I implied that. I was just wondering if others had issues converting large 5.4 projects to 5.5? My current project it 12 GB. I'm thinking I may have to reimport all the assets by hand. Bleah lol :)

Thanks for the reply. I'll try importing ORK into a new project just for the sake of testing but I bet that's not the issue.