edited January 2017 in ORK Support
Greetings,

I just started trying to work with the Top Down Border camera control. For some reason when the control is set to Top Down Border, my in scene camera controller is no longer working correctly (using John Stairs MMO Controller and have for a couple of years now). The Right and Left movement no longer works as well as rotation and so on. Is there a way to set this so it doesn't effect the camera except in battles only? Or am I missing a setting?

Would it be possible to get a really quick tutorial on using this new feature?

Thanks!
Post edited by Squeaker on
  • Since you're using a custom player control, I can only guess what's going on.

If your camera control is set up to be directly over the player, that can result in the player controls getting influenced if they use the camera's direction for movement.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Sure, I understand not knowing what exactly is going on. The camera control is set up to work like a 'standard' controller. E.g. W,A,S,D or L+R Mouse buttons for movement. It's not set up to be directly over the player.

Is it possible to have the Top Down controller only function during battle?
  • edited January 2017
    Well, you can set the camera control to None and manually change camera controls, either using a different camera set up with the control (i.e. having the already set up camera in the scene, but disabled until the battle start event enables it and disables the other camera) or adding the control component to the camera. In either case, to let ORK recognize the control for blocking (if you need this), you can use the Add Control Component node to register the control.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok, I sort of grasp where you're headed with this. But not quite sure I grasp how to do that. Right now my camera controls are on the player prefab. So would I need another controller added to and disabled / enabled at battle time on the the player prefab?
  • The top down border camera sits on the camera, so you'll have to add or enable it on the camera.

E.g. changing the camera control in the battle start event, you'll need to disable the current camera controls, remove it from ORK's registered controls, enable the new control and register it to ORK:
    - remove a registered control with the Remove Control Component node
    - add a registered control with the Add Control Component node
    - enabling/disabling components with the Enable Component node
  • Alright, cool. That makes sense. Thanks so much :)
  • Not sure if this is related to your problem.. I noticed when I added fog or bloom effects (I forget which) while using the top down border camera that it started behaving abnormally with rotation.
  • Did a quick test with the Bloom and Global Fog components and didn't notice anything - can you give me more details on your setup and the effect components you're using?