edited April 2014 in ORK Support
Greetings all,

I don't know if this is a Support question or a Feature Request so pardon me if I submitted this in the wrong location.

I'm trying to add a status effect based the value of the of the player's current status value. E.g. when 'Furry' get's to 50, apply a boost to strength status effect.

I can see that I can easily do a 'Check Status' for x status value to be greater than 49 for example. But I don't see a way to add a step that if the 'Check Status' is successful, apply y status effect.

Thanks!
  • edited April 2014
    I think you would have to do it in a Game Event and add it to Global Events.

Add>Status Steps>Change Status Effect>select "boost to strength" status effect and select "add"

I'm not exactly sure of the condition you want to perform the action. Let me know if this does not help.
    Post edited by MarkRMichaels on
  • Thanks! I follow what you're saying but I'm thinking it may be something that could possibly be added to Formula 'Combatant Steps'. So then a 'Status Effect' could be selected much like you can now choose a 'Status Value'. I'm not sure. Thanks for the idea though :-)
  • I might be misunderstanding what you are saying, but the formula feature is mostly for doing calculations, so it would be viable to add a status effect to a combatant from inside of one.
  • Oh no worries :). But yeah, it would seem, at least what I'm envisioning as you said, it would be viable to add a status effect to a combatant from inside a formula. Maybe this is something GiL can address for us. Thanks again for your help.
  • Maybe I've misinterpreted what you're aiming to do, but it sounds like you just need to use the Auto Apply/Remove features in Status Effects and set the Status Value ranges you want.
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • Interesting. I never knew about that functionality. The framework is truly vast :)

As long as I didn't need to apply it to a class/character with a different class mechanic, that would work. But then, I could make a different Status Effect for a other class mechanics as needed.

To better explain what I'm doing: I have a class mechanic that builds up a power meter from 0 to 100. As the meter increases, more abilities become available and damage output increases. Once the meter tops out, an 'overdrive' / 'Ultimate' type ability become available. What I need the status effects for is to apply certain statuses on the character as the meter increases.

Your suggestion should do the trick though. I'll have to check it out in the AM my time and see where it leads me. Thanks again for the help!
  • Yeah, the auto apply/remove settings in status effects is what you're looking for. The status conditions allow you to check for status values (and also class if needed).

Also, you can make the use of abilities depend on status conditions as well, check the Use Requirements.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Excellent, thank you.