Been trying to create an event that controls the opening and closing of vertical gates.

The weird issue I'm running into is the Transform to Variable node seems to be grabbing an incorrect transform value?

Here's the game object being used in my event before the value is saved:

And here is the step in my event (it's the very first node in the Event):

After that node executes and saves the variable here's the value (which does not match the object's Transform position):

Am I missing a specific settings? Is it grabbing like a global position instead of the local position?
  • That's probably the case - it stores transform.position, i.e. the global position.
    If the game object is parented on another object the visible position in the transform will show the local position.

I can add an option to use local values in the next update :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That would be awesome!

Well that definitely makes sense why the value seemed off. Can verify it was definitely the position of the parent game object.
  • Will be in the next update :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!