edited May 2014 in ORK Support
I'm just curious. You don't need to go into deep details or anything. Just a simple yes or no will do, and for the yes, I can find out on my own on how to make them work. I know it's possible to catch a monster.

1) Is it possible to battle other npc? A notable example is in pokemon, where you go up to a NPC and a battle start, pitting your monsters against his.

2) Is it possible to "evolve" a monster? Where when your monster reach a certain lvl, his prefab will be replace by a different model, but retain all of his stats and stuffs.

3) Is it possible to not make the player do battle? Like in every monster capture game, the player walk around the world map, but when in battle, his monsters are the only one fighting, not him.

Thanks for your patience!
Post edited by zyzz on
  • 1) Yes, there's an event step to start a battle.

2) Yes, that's done in the combatant's Conditional Prefab settings.

3) Yes, by hiding the player using the Hide Member event step. The player will still be the one running around, but not available in battles :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Fantastic!
    A little question, on the Hide Member event step, what kind of event do I use it in? Battle Event, Game Event, Battle Start Event, ect.
  • edited May 2014
    I guess you're aiming to only have your player running around in the field and never appearing in battle?
    In that case, you best set this in your game's start event (i.e. a game event) after adding the player to the group :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2014
    I change the title, to reflect better what the topic is about, in case people ask the same questions.

That works! Thanks.
    I notice in the battle menu section, there's no way to switch party members in the midst of battles (in this case, the monsters). For example, I want to have a maximum of, say, 3 monsters in the party group, but when in battle, only one monster can attack or be attack. So the position is like this: The chosen monster is at the front, while the other two are a bit in the back, waiting until you want to switch between them. There's no other way to do it currently?
    Post edited by zyzz on
  • I'm also curious if it's possible to do it like that.
  • Switching group members is currently not available, but it's on my list for an upcoming battle menu update :)
  • Fantastic!