I dont know if this was already requested, but I am working on a 2.5D beat em up, how do I keep the characters locked in a 2d plane?
  • edited February 2020
    ORK-wise, make sure to never use any rotation nodes or Face Direction options when moving.

Generally, you'll need a script that makes sure the sprites are always rotated corrrectly toward the camera :)
    Or maybe use Makinom for that.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • My scenes are in 3D with 3D models. I have a camera setup in Ork that faces the characters in a 2.5 D view.
  • Oh, so you mean that they only move forward/backward on a line, and not sideways?

Hm, for player controls it's probably best to use a custom control for that - alternatively, you could use the Button control and use a None input key for the movement axis you don't want to use.
    For enemy movement, if you're using the move AI - either use NavMesh agents and have the navmesh limited to a line, or use a custom movement component that limits movement to the line.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2020
    Might be able to, as GiL said, prevent anything that moves on the Z axis for the player and enemies (such as disabling vertical input from the player controller) as well as having walls made with 3d boxes that define the moveable area of the level. (basically a long, thin corridor). And then you can use that for Nav mesh settings too, and simply turn off the renderer once everything is set up.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale