I'm at work right now; so, I can't experiment. :)
I was wondering if it was possible to have a different camera setup if using a separate battle scene?
For example, while in exploration/travel mode I'm in first person. But, when I go into a battle and switch to a battle scene, I switch to an iso-camera to view the battlefield from a third person perspective.

Not sure if I really want to do this (if possible) though. It might be a bit jarring switching camera perspectives.
  • Sure, that's no problem at all.

This is handled in battle start and battle end events. In the battle start event, you'll probably have to unmount the camera from the player (usually a first person camera is mounted to it) and place it wherever you like. Isometric (in Unity called Orthographic) can be done via an event step.
    In the battle end event, you'll probably need to place/mount the camera on the player again - unless (as you're doing it) the battle takes place in another scene, should all be set up correct when spawning the player back to the old scene :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!