edited June 2014 in General Discussion
I'm thinking in the begining of my game the player have some paths to pick, depending on their picking they will get (x) race and then pick another path for the class is that possible?

If it is possible can you tell me how?

With my best regards.
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • That's pretty simple to do once you've familiarized yourself with ORK:

Just have a choice dialogue where the player picks the race, and then set a game variable for it. (i.e. PlayerRace = Dwarf)

Then do another choice dialogue where the player picks the class and assign the appropriate class. Then under Combatants, where you have the player combatant's Prefab settings, have a different prefab for each race with a variable condition for each. That way, depending on whatever race the player picked, the correct prefab will appear.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Thank you, but i have a bigger problem that is annoying me.
    I imported a model from asset store with animations but he floats in the air, plus he is only on the ground at the begining of a battle but as soon i atack he fells down.
  • Probably because the root position (i.e. local position X=0, Y=0, Z=0) isn't at the feet of the model. That position is used to place it in the scene, so you either need to move it in a 3D modelling program or add a spawn offset to the combatant.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Can you teatch me how do you add a spawn offset to the combatant?
  • I think to add a spawn offset to your combatant, you have to go into Combatants -> Combatants -> Prefab Setting -> Spawn Offset.
  • edited June 2014
    What valor should i put in Spawn Offset?

P.S. I tryed with 3 diferent models/prefabs and they were all floating at the same distance of the ground
    Post edited by jarc1995 on
  • edited June 2014
    Presumably an offset that would lower them to the correct height on the Y axis.
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • edited June 2014
    hmm... I get it but how can I find what number should I put in the Y axis, sorry if this question is too newbie, I'm still learning about ork and unity.

1 more thing should I check (spawn on ground) checkbox in Spawn Event and in Battle Spots?
    And the Ignore Y Distance in Battle Settings maybe is related with this?
  • Did you do all the game tutorial? I'm totally a newbie, but it really helped me so much in understanding basic setup of ORK. I think you can achieve your tasks while following that tutorial, it is full of explanations. :)
  • I did until like part 29.
    I'm not doing the rest becuase i have to rush the work(it's for school) and i don't have much time :|.
  • Finding a good value really depends on the model and where its root position is - without seeing anything, its hard to tell :)

If your models are floating, it could also be that the character controller you've added is simply below the model. If you post a picture of your model and its inspector we can help you more.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Doesn't help, please use a screenshot from the scene view, not from the game view - in the scene view we can see where the character controller is located on the screen :)
  • edited June 2014
    ok here it is the correct one :):

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2dr51cp.jpg

BTW is possible to make a skill/atack in a active time battle that affects all the enemies?
  • Ok, there you can see the problem you have - the character controller (i.e. the green wire capsule) is way below the model - move it upwards on your prefab and you should be fine.

So, change the Y value of the Center in the Character Controller inspector. I think that's also your original problem, since the character controller is currently placed at the feet of your model, the root position seems to be correct, so you don't need the spawn offset of the combatant :)