edited March 2021 in ORK Support
Hi, i want to streamline the player targeting to always use cell selection instead of combatants.
I prefer the visual feedback of seeing the cell highlighted even when a single target attack has to be performed.
However when using cell selection for all abilities, it becomes possible to perform them towards empty cells.

Letting the player attack or perform an healing ability to an empty cell is a bit strange and confusing for the player.
I'd like to find a way to block the cell selection when an ability that requires a target is trying to be executed on an empty cell.

If there isn't already a way to do it, maybe it could be possible to add a cell requirement option to the ability editor?
Post edited by Vlastan on
  • Hm, I don't think that's currently possible, I'll look into it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks, if this could be implemented, it would help tremendously
  • I'll add an option to the battle ranges (grid shape) make empty cells optional. So, the setup would be for None targets to allow the cell selection, but the battle range only allows selecting occupied cells.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove Was this added to the last ORK beta?
  • Yeah, latest beta includes that - there's now an Add Empty Cell setting available for grid shapes (in battle range templates and custom range definitions).
  • Oh yes, found it. Seems to work well. Thank you so much!