Hey, would you happen to know how to get a status effect's stack count in ORK in a formula?

During dmg calculation. So Target change -> formula -> 5 * bleeding stack count
  • The Check Status and Status Fork nodes can check for stack counts via the Status Effect checks. You currently can't directly use the stack count to change the formula value, though.

So, you need to e.g. use a Status Fork to check for the different stack counts and multiply the formula value accordingly.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2021
    Alright thanks. I'm running into another issue. I'm on ORK 2.30.1 for reference (in case this has been a known bug).

I want the user to heal for X dmg if a bleed is applied to target.
    I add a user change on an ability for 2 HP with a requirements -> [use requirements = target] -> status requirement -> status effect -> torn [is applied].

This change does not happen with this condition + the status effect on the target.

It is the only requirement and it's 100% on the target as the debuff does proc each turn.
    Post edited by foxx on
  • edited May 2021
    The User Changes are independent of the targets (which could be none, 1 or 100 targets) and use the user as user and target.

I'll look into a solution for this, maybe adding an option to reverse user/target in target changes, so the target could change the user's status.

Edit: Next update will add an option to target changes to switch user and target.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2021
    Awesome ty!

Also, I'm running into nested formula issues.

When I do a branch condition node on status effects (bleed stacks... if stack =1 do X) everything works fine. But if I extract that conditional check into another formula and call that formula from the top level say something like:

Calc-dmg-with-bleeds formula -> calls count bleeds formula which again checks the status effect count and does whatever based on the amount....

This nested call always hits the Fail condition as if there are no status effects on the target. Can nested formulas not check target correctly?
    Post edited by foxx on
  • Hmm actually it might be the same issue as the first problem. Doesn't work 1st level either. So do formulas also take the target/user of whatever calls them? So here the user would be the target and user again within the formula too?
  • Using a formula in a Value node will use the same user and target (as well as share local variables and selected data) as the current formula.

So, if the original formula that was called already uses the same combatant as user and target, so will the called sub-formula.
  • Ah ok so basically I can't do what I want (check target stacks) until update?
  • Well, you can do it in the battle events of the ability. Check Status node to check for the condition you want (effect stack) and do whatever you need afterwards :)
  • Since it's part of the damage calculation the only way I can think of to share that info is a variable that the event sets and the formula uses but it seems dirty
  • If you're concerned about doing this only on targets that where hit, you can use the Game Event of the Target Change to handle it.

Alternatively, you could use the status value's Change Game Events as well.
  • edited May 2021
    Ok thanks
    Post edited by foxx on