My question is maybe dumb, but...can you fade in and out normal scene objects (like prefab with model or TextMeshPRO text) or blink them? Example: player enters box collider with trigger and starts event, that will fade in 3D text (from TextMeshPRO) or for example prefab with starcase.
I'm able to move or rotate scene objects via ORK events (like doors etc.), "Object Visible" event also works normally and hides/shows selected mesh. But when I set up "Fade Object" the same way for the same object, it doesn't work.

This setup works (it hides the object)

text

text

But the same thing with Fade Object does nothing:

text

text

What am I doing wrong?

p.s. I use URP and Unity 2021.1.3f1
  • edited May 2021
    Generally, yes, you can - but the game object's shader has to support transparency.

In case transparency is handled by some other property (not the color), you can use the Set Property option to define the name of the property.

The Object Visible node will simply turn on/off the renderers (and other visual components) on the game object, so that'll work in any case :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks a lot, I'll experiment with it :-)