edited July 2014 in General Discussion
Is there a way to use the ButtonList from "Menu -> Menu Screens" to switch between different combatants?
Also can I change the ButtonList to go from "Left to Right" instead of from "Top to Bottom"?
Post edited by Kashrlyyk on
  • No, button lists can't change combatants, but you can use them to call a combatant selection before opening a menu screen.

Changing the button display is handled by the GUI Box you're using for the menu. You can manage this in the Choice Columns setting in the choice settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Can I set up my own buttons and define what they do?

I found the "Choice Columns" setting thanks for the help!
  • Well, menu screens allow using input keys to change the combatant - and you can use Control type HUDs to create virtual controls for input keys :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Great, now I have to prevent the button list from disappearing all the time.

• Disable Close On Select in the button list part - also, don't use the Single Screen option in the menu screens.
    If the menu screen with the button list is a single screen (or any of the menus it's calling), the menu will be closed when another opens.
  • edited July 2014
    Disabling the "Single Screen" option was the thing I tried yesterday when I noticed the behaviour I don't want. The results are shit to be frank.

With that the different menuscreens are layed on top of each other and both are visible.
    Also I can NOT CLOSE the menu anymore if I pressed any button. If I press "Escape" to close the menu the button list disappears but the Control HUD buttons and the window opened by pressing the button stay.

And you know I have a perfectly working menu scripted with Unity GUI and I much rather use that one than continue to fight with this horrible menu creation system. But there is NO tutorial about adding custom scripts to the project. My menu also contains a far superior inventory (party AND individual inventories and grid based with drag and drop). But since there is not even the tiniest hint about how to make custom scripts work with this framework I can't use it.
    Post edited by Kashrlyyk on
  • edited July 2014
    Well, that's how the menu system works, you can either have single screens that close other screens automatically, or have multiple screens that will stay until you close them.
    Also, closing the menu with the Escape key (or whatever key is used to call them) will naturally only close that one menu.
    You could also use single screens by adding the button list to all of your screens.

I can add options for closing selected other screens when not using single screen mode in one of the next updates.

Of course, you can also use your own menu scripts with ORK. You don't need to add them to ORK's gameplay code, but if you want to work on that you can find info on setting up the project in this how-to. When writing scripts outside of ORK's code base, you need to include the namespace to have access to the code:

using ORKFramework;

A brief overview of using ORK's code base can be found here. The API is found here.
    Post edited by gamingislove on