Hello All - First post!!

I'm thinking of using Level Up for Abilities but would like to do it with a twist. I want to schedule the release of ability levels into the game.

Scenario 1. Anyone who joins in Month One can level up to Level 1 Abilities. Then in Month 2 / Level 2 abilities become available, Month 3 / Level 3 abilities and so on.

Scenario 2. If a player joins the game after the server has gone online (for example in Month 3), they can grind their way through the game and work their way up to Level 3 abilities as soon as they are able.

Is this possible?

Cheers
BBC
  • edited February 2022
    Welcome - first of all, ORK is a single-player framework, i.e. any kind of multiplayer or server functionality has to be added with custom work/scripts.

As for your ability levels, that should be doable.

The easiest way is to just add the additional levels or the possibility to upgrade them in patches/updates to your game. So, month 1 just has level 1 abilities, month 2 adds level 2 to the abilities, etc.

Alternatively, you can also tie the upgrades to conditions, e.g. using a global variable as a flag for allowing it or not - that variable could e.g. be set after checking the server (custom scripts) if it should be possible.

In both cases, the initial players will be able to upgrade with time, the new ones can just upgrade to the current maximum.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That's awesome... and so simple.
    Cheers