Is there any table with comparison of the main changes and feature differences between Ork 2.x and Ork 3.x?

Since Ork 3 is out of the beta now, many developers are probably considering the upgrade and it would be nice to have at least some basic comparison table - to estimate if the change would be worth all potential troubles (from major version change) even for project that is already in development in ORk 2 for some time.

I see that Ork 3 uses full Makinom and has much more more convenient editor UI, but I'm not sure about other major changes / improvements.

Also - is there any ETA for the potential migration tool from 2 to 3?

Thanks a lot :-)

• No - feature-wise they're very similar, just stuff implemented differently and more quality-of-life features and overall better performance in ORK 3.

Main difference: ORK 2 will no longer receive (many) new features and stick to mostly bugfixes.

If you're well into development of your project in ORK 2, stick with ORK 2.

If you're starting a new project or are in the early stages (e.g. prototyping), use ORK 3.

No ETA on the migration tool.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for info :-)
    I'm past prototyping but also at only the initial phase of full production. So something inbetween. The most important thing for me now is system for UI - I'm working on RPG so UI is pretty important for it (inventory, character sheets, skills...) and UI system of ORK 2 is little bit clunky (sorry, ORK is awesome tool as whole!). "ORK 3 + Unity UI" seems more convenient at first sight and since I wanted to revamp and improve the current UI of my game, I'm considering jumping to ORK 3 to redo it in the new system...
  • Well, go for it - the main downside is that you'll have to redo your setup in ORK and events (now schematics).

Unless you have hundreds of data entries (items, equipment, combatants, abilities, etc.) to redo, it shouldn't take too long to hammer in your setup again.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!