Hello and sorry for bothering again - having a bit weird UI issue. I have a radial value bar that I want to show Actions Per Turn. Its combination of value bar and text - text is working fine, however the value bar filling resets every time action or move is used (see video).
It shows correct while the combatant is moving and then it basically resets back to full bar again.

Any idea what could be causing this? Thanks a lot

Video - https://streamable.com/y7pl7e
  • The value bar for actions per turn currently uses the available action's per turn as max value - I'll add an option to use the max actions per turn the combatant had (at the start of the turn).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks, that would be helpful
  • Hey hey :)

I'm having the same kind of problem, where I can see the Action Point bar changing, but the changes never stay, until the bar gets to zero. I've tried with the Max Action Bar flag both checked and not checked, but still can't get it to work correctly.

Is there something else I'm missing?
  • Enable both Invert Used Actions and Max Action Bar.
    Actions per turn work a bit differently than e.g. MP or other consumable stats. They're reduced after each action is performed, so depending on your battle system setup you'll have the inverted used actions on or off in the display.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Perfect, thx, working just like it should now... :)
  • So I got the Action Bar working, but I'm now trying to replace it with an Icon Bar. However, whatever I try, I keep getting this error message. The HUD initially shows up correctly on the first player turn, but then the error arrives and the game freezes.

My HUD Icon Bar Content component is set up as follows. (The only other components are the Rect Transform and a Horizontal Layout Group, all parented by the HUD). :

And the referenced HUD Action Bar Icon has its HUD Value Bar set up as follows, with the only other component being a Rect Transform :

Any suggestions what I might be doing wrong?

Thx :)
  • Seems like a bug - will be fixed in the next update.