I set it up on ORK2 so that the player can automatically run to the target grid. How does this work in ORK3?
There is no Store Grid Cells node on ORK3
  • Works the same way in ORK 3 - the Store Grid Cells node has been renamed to Select Grid Cells because it now uses selected data (ORK 2's found/global objects have been replaced by selected data).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • SK1SK1
    edited March 2022
    I wanted to implement the Grantia style of combat: when the player attacks an enemy, he randomly runs to another grid cell instead of the original player grid cell, How do you do this?
    Post edited by SK1 on
  • You can e.g. use a Select Grid Cells node to get cells around the target (e.g. using a battle range template with a grid mask). Once you have the cells, you can select a random one using a Select Selected Data node, which can get a random stored cell, first cell, last cell, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • SK1SK1
    edited March 2022
    Thanks for your help, now it can be moved randomly.

New issues, such as a player group member moving towards an enemy target while the enemy moves towards the player. The player and the enemy leave the original grid position at the same time, and in dynamic motion, two people cannot attack after colliding. Is there a way to attack when the target is in motion and the enemy is close to the target instead of attacking the previous grid position?
    Post edited by SK1 on
  • Which node are you using for movement?
    E.g. using the Change Position node, moving to an object by speed has the Follow Position option available when moving. This will follow changes of the target's position.

Grid combat is set up so that the player does not follow the enemy target, but moves to the previous position of the enemy target.
  • The Select Grid Cells node has the Store Combatants option to use the combatants on the cells instead of the cells. That way you can have the Change Position node follow the combatant.

Also, the Set Grid Path node isn't needed, unless you set up your schematic to follow a grid path like a regular grid move schematic.