I'm prototyping my battle system which is setup as follows: turn based, classic, dynamic, multiple actions per turn (AP based).
The battle menu only shows when an input key is pressed.

The problem I ran into is the battle menu closing after I select an action. I want the battle menu to stay open until the end of a combatants turn.

Thank you,
MMalone
  • Yeah, I think this is the current behaviour when not auto calling the menu.
    I'll look into adding an option to reopen it after selecting an action.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Awesome!

Thank you,
    MMalone
  • Will be in the next update (for turn based and phase battles only).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2022
    Is there any way to keep the battle menu open during target selection? My battle menu is made of sprite icons and it would look a lot better if I could keep them from disappearing/reappearing multiple times during the player's turn. Thanks.

Edit: I made a work-around by using a fake menu screen for abilities that just displays a texture version of their sprite icons underneath them. The deception is flawless, and no one will ever know what a hack-job my UI is.
    Post edited by Scyra on
  • Enable Use Multi Mode in the battle menu's Sub-Menu Settings - this'll keep the parent menu open when going into sub-menus.