Hi!

I have an issue with the Remove Temp. Cell Event node.

I have an ability that creates a temporary cell event around the caster. However, I want to remove that temp cell event when the caster moves.

So I changed the grid move event to add a few nodes at the end: a node checks if the machine object is a specific combatant (the character who cast the ability) and a second node is the Remove Temp Cell Event. However, I'm unable to remove the event at all. The setup of the node is as follows:

Event Key: (set to the event key created when the event was created)
Cell Object > Object > Grid Cell
Grid Cells > Whole Grid

I have also tried the Remove All option (even though that's not what I want because there will be other cell events, but I did it just to test) and it doesn't work either.

I added another node after this node just to make sure the event was actually going through that node and I confirmed it was.

Could you figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you!
  • The Grid Cell object refers to Makinom's game object grids (e.g. used in the Match 3 tutorials), so it's no wonder this doesn't remove the cell event from your battle grid :)

Instead, do this at the start of your grid move schematic, removing it from the combatant's cell (e.g. you can just use the combatant here). Do it at the start of the schematic to remove it from the original position.
    Or, if the event is on multiple cells around the combatant, use a Select Grid Cell node to store cells around the combatant (e.g. based on a battle range template) into selected data and use those cells. Battle ranges can also be used to use all cells of the battle grid.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • The Grid Cell object refers to Makinom's game object grids (e.g. used in the Match 3 tutorials), so it's no wonder this doesn't remove the cell event from your battle grid :)
    Ooooh haha, I never would have guessed! I really thought it meant the battle grid's cells haha!

I've done your suggestion and I've been able to make it work really quickly. Thank you for your input, it's always very helpful!