edited May 2022 in ORK Support
Hey!

In Ork 2 I had a battle event calling another battle event on a set of combatants. I used search combatants to set the required combatants in the first battle event, and then Call Battle Event with shared variables and selected data to pass that on to the second battle event.

I'm having trouble reproducing that on Ork 3. I'm using Select Combatant Objects to get the necessary combatants in my first schematic, stored as local selected data. I then use Start Machine, with shared local variables and selected data, to execute the second schematic. But the data from the first schematic doesn't appear to have made it through to the second schematic.

Am I going about this the right way, or are there different nodes I should be using to reproduce what I had in Ork 2?

Thx!
Post edited by StevieJay on
  • The Start Machine node is the correct node for this. Did a quick test and sharing local selected data definitely works.

Is the schematic executed at all?
    The Start Machine node executes a schematic for every machine/starting object pair. If e.g. there's no starting object, no schematic is started.
    Enabling Start Without Objects will allow executing it without any objects.

If the schematic is executing, maybe check if the selected data you stored even contains anything in the original schematic.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2022
    Ahh, okay, so the problem was with my Select Combatant Objects, not the Start Machine. If I set "Use Combatant -> Needed" on the Select Combatant Objects node to "One", it appears to work fine. When that's set to "All" I get nothing.

I guess I'm not understanding the use of that parameter correctly? I assumed setting it to "one" would give me a single combatant, but "all" would give me all the relevant combatants - but that doesn't appear to be how it works?
    Post edited by StevieJay on
  • Seems like All here currently has a bug, will be fixed in the next update (not the just released ORK 3.3.0, though).

However, the Select Combatant Objects node is something different - it selects game objects of combatants based on the User Combatant you define. The Needed setting here defines if only one combatant from the users or all of them is used, e.g. getting combatants around each user. This would only be relevant if the selected user contains multiple combatants.

The Select Combatant node works just like in ORK 2, i.e. selecting combatants e.g. from a combatant's group, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Okay, I see - perfect, thanks for the info!