Hi!

I'm unsure if it's a bug, but in the battle menu in Makinom, when I select a Custom Input Prefab for Grid Move and End Turn, it seems the game isn't using that prefab at all. Instead, (I think) it always uses the prefab set in UI System > Default UI Prefabs > Button Prefab.

However, when I select a Custom Input Prefab for abilities, the game correctly uses the one I set.

If it's not a bug, then I'm unsure how to use Custom Input Prefabs for Grid Move and End Turn :s

Thanks!
  • Did a quick test and works fine here.

Is the input prefab set up correctly? E.g. if it doesn't have a UI Button Input (Choice) component, it'll not be recognized as a button input prefab and use the default prefab instead.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok, thanks, I've been able to make it work correctly thanks to your reply. My mistake is a bit complicated to explain, but I was confused between the shortcut UI used by the abilities and the prefabs...

Anyway, I created a different button just for move and end turn and I added the UI Button Input (Choice) as you mentionned, and then the game used that prefab instead of the default one, like you said.

Thanks!
  • Ah, yeah - just keep in mind that input prefabs, like for the battle menu buttons, need an actual input prefab :)

However, you can combine them, i.e. add a shortcut or other HUD setup to the button prefab. To get that working, you need to:

Prefab Setup
    Select the HUD component of the HUD stuff as the HUD Content Provider in the UI Content component of the button/input.

Content Setup
    Set the displayed content up to add a HUD, but not select a HUD as template.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Haha yeah, I had something similar set up for abilities buttons, I was combining two different prefabs together. For some reason it worked for abilities, but not for grid move and end turn. And the prefab I was using for those two didn't have the UI Button component, that component was on the other prefab that wasn't called... huh... yeah I'm a bit confused myself.

So in the end I made it work, but I sometimes I achieve my objective without understanding completely why this particular solution works but not the other one I tried before... :s

Well, I keep learning :) Thank you for your patience helping me!