Hi!

I've set up the Attack Modifier HUD, as explained in the tutorials, to display in the character status menu. I have two questions concerning this HUD:

1- When displaying the value, is there a way to modify the number shown to reflect the character's resistance to that element? For example, in the HUD, for a character taking half damage against an element, it would show a 50% resistance , and for taking 1.5X damage it would show a -50% resistance. I tried tweaking the Attack Modifier Attribute prefab, modyfing the text in the Ork HUD Status Text Component in the Value Child Object, but I couldn't figure out what to do.

2- When I use the tab button in the menu to show the status of a different character, for some reason the HUD text will very quickly change to and (instead of the actual names and values of all elements) for like 1 or 2 frames, before showing the correct names values for the new selected character. I don't understand why it does that, since my other HUDs (one for status values, another for abilities and another for equipment) don't flicker like that. What could cause this? I have compared the HUDs and I couldn't find something that could explain this...

Thank you :)
  • 1) Yes, you can change how this is displayed globally (i.e. for all UI and attack modifiers) in UI > Text Display Settings in the Format Settings > Number Formatting > Attack Modifier Format.
    Beside defining how the number is dispalyed, you can also use a Manipulator to first change the value.

E.g. to display it as you want, I'd use a Formula manipulator. In this case, the value is passed to the formula as the initial value.
    So, all you have to do in the formula is subtract 100 (Value node) and negate the result (Math Function node).

2) Hm, yeah, seeing the same when displaying attack modifiers ... will investigate.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2022
    1) Ah excellent, thank you! Before making my original post, I first tried to do the (value - 100) X -1 inside the Ork HUD Status Text Content component of the HUD... haha!

2) Ok! I've searched quite a bit comparing different HUDs to figure out what was different that could cause that. Thanks :)
    Post edited by max_power on
  • edited July 2022
    2) It's due to attack/defence modifier lists spawning prefabs that also spawn another list of prefabs, which seems to cause a small delay when updating the content. That's why it's only happening here and not for other HUD content :)

Anyway, should be fixed in the next update.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Awesome! Thank you :)
  • @gamingislove The modifier in the equipment reward is set so that when the value changes, an error will occur. How to set it?

• Can the value of the attack modifier of the equipment reward have its own display calculation formula? Is there a setting for this? Or is there another way to make the change!

• @churan
    Can you post the error?

I don't think the changes have a separate format yet, I'll look into it.
  • Unable to send pictures, I use words to describe!

1:Equip bonuses, the value displayed in the attack modifier, will also be calculated. For EXAMPLE, THE ATTACK MODIFIER FOR THE EQUIPMENT BONUS HAS a VALUE OF 3, BUT it becomes 97 ON THE DISPLAY. Is there any way not to modify the display value on the EQUIPMENT bonus?
    2:I'm using this formula
    , all you have to do in the formula is subtract 100 (Value node) and negate the result (Math Function node).
  • You don't have to send a picture, you can copy/paste the error text from the Unity console :)

Next update will add separate format settings for attack/defence modifier changes. I.e. the total value display (for the combatant's values) and the change value display (e.g. for equip bonuses) will have separate formatting options.