Hey GIL!

Just working the quests and dialogue at the moment, and I was looking into having certain aspects of the game change when quests are complete (eg. having the NPCs move locations, buildings look different, etc).

What I have found is using Trigger Machines/Tick Machines can do this with variable checks to some degree, but I just wanted to know if you had any suggestions with this sort of thing before I go in and make a lot of schematics to begin setting this idea up.

Also just overall how do you approach event management within ORK? As larger events, with upwards of 100 objects changed by a variable/event would get tricky at stages.

Any ideas or advice would be awesome, thanks!
  • Bets way is to use Game Object Manager and Component Manager components for this. Those components enable/disable game objects or components based on defined conditions, e.g. checking for quest states.

The 3D RPG Playground tutorials make use of this in the forest ruin cheese quests, see this tutorial for the setup.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!