In my turn-based game, each battle is set up as its own scene, with an auto-start on the Battle Game Object, so that the battle starts as soon as the scene is loaded.

I want to the camera to start black, and fade in when the battle starts. To do this, I currently set the camera color to full alpha at the very start of my Battle Start schematic, and then fade it in. It looks great, except I always get a frane of the camera (with no alpha) before the camera color changes to black out the screen.

Where should I set the camera color to black it out from the start, so I don't get that initial frame of full camera?

Thx :)
  • That'd usually be handled by the scene change loading into your battle scene - that'd fade out the screen, load into the scene and there it fades back in again (either from the scene change or your battle start schematic).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Okay, I see - thx :)