edited November 2022 in General Support
Hi all. I have a couple of questions.

I created the combat menu as in the tutorial, but it absolutely does not work for me that for a standard attack you have to click on the menu button first, and then the targets. Question how can we make that the standard attack triggered just by clicking on the target, preferably with a change of the mouse pointer, say on the prefab sword?
And a second, more complicated question, is it possible with the ORK to build a combat menu on the type of icons that the player can change, let's say the first slot assign a standard attack, the second ability, the third potion, and so on. Where do I have to go to implement this?

Post edited by Archi86 on
  • 1) To attack when clicking on a combatant (without first selecting the attack), you can use control maps for this (Base/Control > Control Maps).
    - set up an input key for mouse click input
    - the control maps needs to be enabled for the battle system (or all systems) and have While Choosing enabled (to allow using it during the combatant's action selection)
    - add a control key
    - use the click input key
    - use the attack action
    - enable Only Cursor Over Target, this will only allow the control key if the cursor is over a target
    - enable Use Cursor Over Target, this'll use the target the cursor is over as the action's target
    And don't forget to add the control map to your combatant (or all combatants via the general settings).

As for cursor changes, you can set that up in UI > Cursor Settings.

2) This can be done using shortcut slots.
    You can either add shortcut slots to your battle menu (Shortcut Slot battle menu item type) or use a shortcut HUD.
    Shortcut slots can also be combined with control maps to use them on input keys.

The slots can be assigned by the player using menu screens, e.g. inventory/ability menus (via drag+drop, sub-menus or the default action of the screen) or the newly added Multi Slot menu part.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you for such a comprehensive answer