I am working on a point-click game.
I created a player melee ability that after selecting a target, moves the player to melee range and attacks (once) via Battle Animation schematics.
Is there a way to loop this so the player keeps chasing and attacking the target until interrupted?
  • Best bet is probably to use the status fork with a loop where it checks for if the targets status is dead and if not goes back to the movement node.
    Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG
  • edited December 2022
    Either keep looping the attack schematic or you could use auto attacks.

Auto attacks can be set up for all combatants or for individual combatants and are found in the Attack & Abilities settings of the combatant/general settings. E.g. using the Individual Targets target type, you could use individual targets to mark who to keep attacking (Battles > Target Settings)

Another way would be creating a custom system e.g. using schematics.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I've actually tried auto attacks before but it didn't work, I think part of the problem might be related with the Time Interval(s) option since my melee ability schematics includes a target chasing part, which can't really be defined with a fixed timing.
    This is how I set it up:
  • The interval starts when the auto attack ended.
    You could e.g. use a 0 second interval and handle this within your auto attack ability's schematics.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2023
    I tried setting it to 0 but it always only attack once.
    This is the player's battle information after the first attack has been performed.

I also tried setting true to all the options in Battles>Target Settings>Auto Attack Settings but didn't make any difference either..
    Post edited by ChimpLogik on
  • Couldn't get it working with the auto attack so I ended up following @Solkyoshiro's advice and using a status fork with a loop where it checks for if the targets status is dead and if not goes back to the movement node.