Hello! I have an ability in my turn-based game that inflicts a status effect, but does no direct damage. It seems that the hit and evade animations don't play on the target with this ability. My understanding is that those animations would play based on damage type for the ability, which has been set correctly.

Is this the intended behaviour? Is there a direct way to set up those hit and miss animations for abilities that only apply status effects, or I have to set that up in an associated schematic?

Thx! :)
  • Those animations are only automatically played for status value changes to Consumable status values that have Animate Damage enabled.

You'll have to play this either in the schematic animating the ability, or use the schematics you can set up for the status effect to play it. E.g. starting a schematic when the effect is applied.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Got it, thx for the info... :)