Doesn't really count as decribed. Number stays at 1 forever. Even when the HUD Status Value text is set to Update every 0.1s and 'Count to Quantity' is set to 2s.

Turning it off displays it correctly at least.
  • edited December 2022
    Did a quick test and works fine on my end.

Can you give me a bit more detail on your setup?
    Mainly:
    - which Loot Dialogue Type are you using
    - when using a HUD template to display the content, how's that quantity text set up (status type, etc.)

Using Use Time Update in the HUD content component isn't needed for this setup, as the quantity change will automatically update the HUD.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Layout screen

Block Focus - On
    Show Loot Notification - On
    Show Console - On
    (rest is off)

The UI box has Main Content which is set for Loot Notification - Loot Content -

Then for Icon and Quantity, I'm using HUD inside the UI box set as Additional Content.

I've followed your tutorial with 'ORK HUD Status Text Content' - Shortcut -

Wonder where is the issue really...
  • Hm, should work - I assume the HUD with icon and quantity is set up as a HUD and added as HUD content to the loot notification, not directly part of the UI box prefab?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • They are direct part of the UI box prefab as I find that more easier and organized.

But went out and tried to separate the HUD part in a separate prefab which is only HUD. Then added it as a specific HUD content in the loot notification.

No changes, still not counting it.
  • Tested it with such a setup and still works fine here.
    When the HUD is part of the UI box, make sure to still enable Add HUD in the (additional) content settings of the loot notification and select the None HUD.

Also, make sure all things are connected - e.g. the HUD content components use the correct content provider, the content provider is registered with the additional content's UI Content component, the additional content is set up on the UI box (with matching content ID you're using in the loot notification).
  • Well yeah, wouldn't work otherwise, would it.
    It's the counting feature that doesn't work, not the quantity itself as I've mentioned above. It's not really a rocket science so maybe it's some weird detail.
    I'm adding loot in the battle end event with currency set to random values.
  • Hm ... I guess I'll need a Unity test project with your setup to check it out in case you want me to look into it.

You probably already know the drill - you can reduce the size by deleting the Library folder from the Unity project folder, zip it up, upload it somewhere (e.g. dropbox) and send me the link to contact@orkframework.com :)
  • It's alright, will let you know if I'll have time to send it.

Thanks for info.