edited January 2023 in ORK Support
Could you help me? Somehow my Zombie combatants are not doing the walk animations. The NavMesh Agent component is there, they are sliding around doing the idle animation (the attack / death anims work fine).

As I understand I had to setup this one according to the tutorial:
https://orkframework.com/guide/tutorials/3d-action-rpg/05-enemy-chomper/
Base/Control -> Animations -> Zombie:
Mecanim Settings / Auto Parameters:
Set Horizontal Speed [tick]
Horizontal Parameter: Speed

If I manually change the Speed in the animation controller, then it plays the walk animation; but it seems like the anim controller's Speed variable is not updated by Ork.

How could I debug this issue?

As an alternative I tried to add the idle/walk/run animations similarly as I added the attack/death animations, instead of using the Speed param, and I adjusted the anim controller accordingly, but no luck there either. :( I have the 3D Action Rpg project open in another window, I tried to compare my Zombie to the Chomper. My animations are not root-motion, that's the difference; but as I understand the NavMesh agent is moving the character?
Post edited by MysticalWhoosing on
  • Try a different Update Mode in your combatant's Prefab Settings. This determines how the move speed is calculated - e.g. if it's set to Fixed Update but the combatant isn't moved by physics, this'll result in mostly 0 move speed being recognized. Auto mode should work for NavMesh movement.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!