Hello! I am attempting to use an ability variable assigned to an Object as the Cost of the Ability itself. I have the ability variable set to an integer 5, but it doesn't read that and shows up as 0 cost in game. I am assuming I am using this incorrectly, and appreciate any insight in how this is supposed to work.

https://imgur.com/a/rUbX5lU

The reason I am trying to use the variables this way is so I can manipulate the cost with schematics by changing the Object Variable created by the ability.
  • If you want to use an ability variable (i.e. variable bound to the ability), use the Local variable origin in the Ability Variables settings.

In the Change Value of use costs and user/target changes, the ability variables are avaialble via selected data, i.e. Selected Data variable origin and action data key.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove Thank you! That makes more sense now.