Hi there, I've been working on the UI for my Unity project and I'm wondering if it's possible to achieve a few specific things.

1: Default Selected Item in ORK Framework

I'm wondering if it's possible to set a default selected item for a sub-menu. I want to ensure that there is always a sub-menu visible, even when the player first opens the menu.

Default Selected Item Example
Default Selected Item Example

2: Filters in Group Menu by Combatant Type

I was wondering if there's a way to filter combatants in the group menu by combatant type. I noticed that the equipment menu can filter by Weapon, Shield, etc. Is it possible to do something similar for the group menu?

Filters in Group Menu Example

3: Keeping Sub-Menus Open

For my sub-menus, I want them to stay open and only change what is displayed when the user clicks on different items. However, when I deselect "Close Out Of Box Click" in ORK, it locks the focus until I click on the "Cancel" button which closes the submenu.

Keeping Sub-Menus Open Example
Keeping Sub-Menus Open Example

I would appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you!

• 1) Usually the first available choice is automatically selected in a menu, so that should work automatically.

2) No, currently not.
    Group menu just lists the group members that are available, no type separation exists in it.

3) Are you using the Always Open option in the sub menu?
    That'll keep it open even without first selecting something and hides the Close Out Of Box Click options (and not use them, naturally :D).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you for your help! After updating to version 3.13, I was able to locate the "Always Open" option.

I have a couple of additional questions. Firstly, is it possible to include a portrait in the group combatant menu? If not, would it be possible to display the same information from the group combatant menu in the description menu instead? Here is a screenshot of what I mean: image

Secondly, is it possible to display the equipment conditions in the equipment submenu?

Thank you again
  • 1) You can add portraits to the inputs via HUD templates. The Description menu part has portrait options, or using a Group Combatant menu part to show the group menu's selected combatant can also use HUD templates to show portraits.

2) No, at least not automatically.
    You can manually define a text for an equipment's condition via custom content in the equipment's content information settings and show that via text code in your submenu.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!