hi your tool is quite amazing it offer almost everything it need to create old school RPG ~ but there are few feature i like to ask about~
in the game Fallout 2 during combat the game are able to switch in turn base mode(unlike Finalfantasy, the scene doesn't change),it have a invisble gride system where player and enemy can only move to certain point base on their stat and when the battle is over the turn base mode ends
the player are also able to active the combat mode anytime they want. is it possible to do something like that in ork framework? the player can force kill Quest npc anywhere~ is this possible too?

in baldurs gate player can pause the game, and are able to issue command during the pause phrase, is that possible in ork framework too?
  • Hey Winterwolf,

Your grid system and battle-calling idea isn't something that comes with ORK, though I suspect with some hard work and top-notch problem-solving skills, you'd be able to come up with something like that using the event system, and a bit of custom scripting.

As for 'force-killing' NPCs, this is easily done. Every character in the game can be assigned to a 'combatant', which will allow you to engage the entity in battle.

Hope this helps!
    // www.newrealitygames.co.uk \\
  • Fighting without changing scene is no problem, but switching between battle and non-battle at will is currently not possible. Also, there's no grid system available.

Killing NPC's is possible by adding a combatant to them (e.g. using the Add Combatant component). To make the NPC gone forever once he is dead, you need to change a game variable on the combatant's death (found in the Death Settings of the combatant) and add a Variable Event component to the NPC that removes the object when the game variable has been set.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah thank you for the quick respones ~
    i know that this frame work support turn base battle but whats the max number of combatant it can support on each side~ is there a max number limit? if not lets say i setup a party of 6, 3 in front and 3 in back~ the npc or player in front row and back row have different condition, such npc in front take 100% damage but do 100% melee damage where npc in back row can't be attack by melee and does less melee damage and etc~~ or have 9 player in party that take 3 row and their position would actually matter effecting their damage and defense~
    sorry if i trouble you with soo many question~ iam a 3d artist and can't code ~ but i do understand how visual scripting works
  • There isn't really a limit - the player's battle group is limited to a number (set up in Game > Game Settings), but you can set it to any number you like - so not really a limit, just a design thing to separate fighting group members from the rest.
    NPCs (enemies, allies) have no limitation to their battle group size.

There isn't really a front/back row setting for the battle (but you can place the battle spots like that). To influence the damage, you can use the distance between user and target for calculations.
    E.g. create a small formula that checks the distance and results in 1 (for 100 %) if the distance is below 10, otherwise results in 0.5 (for 50 %). Now use that formula in other formulas and multiply their result with that formula :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ah i get you~ thank you for the tips~ =)
  • So a baldur's gate system would be feasible?
  • Depends what you mean by that. As mentioned above, there's no grid system currently implemented in ORK, so you'd have to roll with a custom solution if you wanted to mimic it.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames