edited June 2017 in ORK Support
@gamingislove .When my player combatant is on the field, my base attack animation plays well, but when i enter the combatant spawner trigger and my AI combatant starts using there base attack animation(trying to attack my player combatant), my player combatant animation doesn't play well, it only plays half way and stops.
Post edited by henkesky1 on
  • Are you using legacy or mecanim animations? Also, since this is occuring in battles - check if you're overriding the wrong animations in the battle animation overrides.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2017
    @gamingislove. I checked my combatant battle animation, its the same for field and battle.

Am using mecanim for the player combatant(that is the one having issue). Then legacy animation for the enemy combatant(not having issue)

. Actually when i enter the combatant spawner (area), it still plays well, but immediately the enemy combatants starts playing there animation, my player combatant animation only plays half or should i say quarter way.

Also note that i have tested with other combatants(all using legacy animation), they don't have this issue, except this very character that is using mecanim animation. Please i have done everything i could, but is not working
  • If field and battle animations are the same you don't need to use separate battle animations.

Hm, very strange - beside comatant animations not interfering with each other, legacy and mecanim can't event interfere with each other ...
    Is the enemy combatant's animation starting due to e.g. animating an action (using battle events? If that's the case, you maybe also stop the player animations in that event (e.g. target actor for an action the enemy uses on the player).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2017
    @gamingislove I have virtually done everything i can. It seems is from the ork code. Whenever the player combatant enters the battle spawner area and play the battle event animation which is the base attack, it plays fine, but immediately the enemy combatant starts playing there battle event attack animation, the problem starts(my player combatant animation, will attempt to play, but stops immediately). I have tried stopping the target animation before playing the player combatants own animation in the battle event, but it still doesn't work. I have tried using different animations(from different source) and different characters, all seems to work well, except when i enter the battle spawner area and the enemy combatants starts playing there battle event animation. Also note that this does not happen to the idle, walk animation or legacy animation(i also used the same battle event for legacy and mecanim animation) as a whole. I also noticed that the game freezes for like 1.5 secs immediately i enter the battle spawner area. Am using unity 5.5 of 3 and ork framework 2.10.0. Thanks in advance, i appreciate your wonderful assistance so far.
  • try using a 0.1 second "wait" after some of the animations.
  • edited June 2017
    @skwiggs1983 Thanks, actually i have been using 0.5s wait, but it seems is small, especially for long combo animations. Had to increase it to 1.5s and it worked just fine. You just gave me the clue. Thanks once again. The link you sent to me, is not going.
  • edited June 2017
    Oh, I think I know what the issue is - your Mecanim animations can't use the Wait options in event nodes, unless you define the Duration in the animation's setup.

I.e. if you're using Wait in the animation node and it's starting a Mecanim animation, it'll be over like it didn't use wait at all.

Since there's still no way to actually get the duration for an animation/state in Mecanim, there's not much I can do to have that automated like with legacy animations ...
    Post edited by gamingislove on