• @Solkyoshiro
    By deleting ORK and importing it again you probably lost all script/asset references for it. Never do that - a reimport of the Assets/Gaming Is Love/ folder might have solved things.
    What kind of errors did you get after the crash? A crash during scene load shouldn't really affect ORK's data, maybe the scene, though.

As for the UI, check your UI system setup as well as the prefabs (e.g. UI boxes), they probably miss script references. Try reimporting them.

@gbdxc
    The upgrade price from ORK 2 to ORK 3 will be $50, so it's the same as the currently running Unity sale. No need to rush into a purchase now :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So on a random hunch, I reset the Editor Layout, and now it works @gamingislove. Thanks for letting me know about deleting/importing. I'll remember that for the future.
    Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG
  • ORK 3 BETA 20 is here!

Sadly, some setup redo needed again:
    - reuse times have changed (now have a default setup and can be set up per battle system, like use range, delay time, etc.)
    - menu screen (part) portraits can now use multiple portraits (additional portrait content) and also display the user's portraits
    - more options for shop layouts (mainly type box)
    - quantity texts where moved from inventory settings to text display settings (also new price texts)
    See the beta page for all details.

3D RPG Playground
    New tutorial available - set up a shop!
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2021
    @gamingislove
    I wanted to ask about 0, every time it's used I get a blank value instead of it displaying 0. Is this intentional or am I missing something?

Edit: Do you think you can add a schematic to Durability's Outworn Action on Equipment? I'm trying to change the Description/Custom Content of an item once the durability reaches 0 and a schematic with access to the item it's on would allow this and more.
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • Is there an easy way to update the Beta version in the Editor?
  • edited December 2021
    @Dre788
    Uh ... 0 in what context?
    Like, everywhere? Or just for certain content, e.g. quantities, prices, use costs?

I'll look into the durability schematic thing.
    Edit: Will make it into the next beta.

@Monkey_A_C
    Sure, just import the new beta version into your Unity project :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • @gamingislove
    That's great news.
    An example for 0 would be in durability, if you display it in a description and it reaches zero, it will show up as blank instead of displaying 0. This also happens with damage flying numbers and status values as well. This has been the case since Ork 2.
  • @gamingislove
    Thank you for your reply.
    The image was not displayed due to my misconfiguration.
    I uploaded the image again.

There is a problem that NavMesh invades an immovable place as shown in the image below.
    I've confirmed that Move AI is set in the Inspector.
  • @Dre788
    Did a quick test with 0 durability and displays fine here (naturally only after the equipment's durability has actually be initialized).
    As for flying texts - there's an option if 0 damage is dispalying a flying text or not in the status value's damage flying texts.

@hinata_kisaragi
    Hm, I'd say this is due to the NavMesh not finding a route to the position.
    What's the Sample Distance in the movement component setup of your combatants?

ORK uses the SamplePosition function here, it recommends a distance of max twice the agent's hight.
  • edited January 2022
    @gamingislove
    Okay, it looks like there is something strange going on specifically with status values on my end, I'll need to figure it out. But I realized rather late that all of my portraits aren't showing up in Beta 20. I've included a test project to show you what I mean. This same setup worked in the previous betas so I don't know what changed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uxqz5bg6z2iojop/Ork 3 Test.zip?dl=0

Edit: Final figured out why status values weren't displaying 0. Apparently the text format "#,#" doesn't display 0. Instead I used format code "N0" and now I have both comma dividers and 0 displaying as a number.
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • edited January 2022
    The UI Box and HUD setup is driving me crazy. I started off from the 3d Playground Tutorial, and that was fine. Now I'm trying to change it to use custom prefabs that are already made.

I put the HUD status value components (single) on the correct sections. Then I added the prefab to a HUD, but now nothing shows.

Here's my setup, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong @gamingislove.

Do you have to add it under the Custom Status Value UI setting in the Status Value?
    Post edited by Solkyoshiro on
    Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG
  • @Dre788
    All portraits or just combatant portraits?
    Seems I added a but regarding all non-prefab-view portraits when I fixed an issue with prefab view portraits :)
    Will be fixed in the next update.

As for the number formatting - yeah, might be, that's completely up to how C# handles this, and I think there's also a difference depending on formatting as int or float.

@Solkyoshiro
    The Content Provider setting of your ORK HUD Value Bar Content needs to refer to the HUD Status Value component, where you select the status value to display. Also, the HUD Status Value component's Content Provider has to reference the root's content provider.
    Currently it references the HUD content provider at the HUD's root, which just has the combatant itself (when used in a combatant/battle HUD).
  • @gamingislove
    Sounds good. The problem is affecting all sprite and texture based portraits. Pretty much every where I used Dialogue, Menu and HUD portraits.

I think the formatting is difference for int and float as well. I noticed all the format values I changed were int values, so maybe the problem lies between using int over float.
  • @Dre788
    Where they all using combatants for their portraits?