• @Griffin
    You can still use the same base formula for multiple abilities (or items) - the status value change settings also contain the Efficiency setting, which will multiply the result of the formula with the defined value.
    E.g. efficiency of 1 is 100 % of the formula, efficiency 2 is 200 %, efficiency 0.5 is 50 % ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hi i would like to make some requests :

-First : I would like a new battle step Pre-Calculate step , i explain , i would like to make a special camera move when my user makes the last hit on a target.

-Second : I don't know if it's already implemented , but a way to change weapon of the combattant with a battle menu that display all the equipments the combatant has and replace with the selected

Third : Make different effects based on the enemy or ally team , for exemple , an enemy will be hit by an object but this object will heal the ally

Got a lot of request they will come with time .. by the way thank you for the battle object fix with random battles :)
  • edited March 2014
    Forget this comment, feature request was addressed in another thread, lol. I was just asking about adding difficulty and language settings to the options menu, didn't see you had said the options menu will be expanded in future updates in the 2.0.5 thread.
    Post edited by Ntelliware on
  • Thanks for adding the options menu. I have a request to add to it though.
    Could you possibly make it so you can select and change the settings using the keyboard.

Thanks
  • My feature request is as below.
    1.Button combos, like 'A+A+B' to fire a certain ability.
    2.Bind multiple animations on each movement such as idle, run, walk, jump and let them play randomly. This will make character pretty much lively.

Thanks GiL.

Kazuya
  • Hi, I was working on my prototype a bit more and I had a few new requests I thought I would put out there, since your working on a new version anyway. They're all concerning event steps.

- Curve change position step. So i can move from point A to point B in an arc.

- Multiple keys in wait for input. For example if key A is pressed go to step X, if key B is pressed go to step Y.

- Possibly some kind of add force event step, as an alternate way of moving things around.

Thanks for all the awesome support!
  • edited March 2014
    Has Ability Check Step
    Ability Name/ID to Variable Step
    Ability Level to Variable Step

I'm experimenting with combat today and realized that there are few steps for working with abilities. We have Learn/Forget Ability and Learn/Forget Ability Tree, but we cannot check to see if the player has an Ability. We also cannot get that Ability's Name/ID/Level into a variable.

I would like, for instance, to have higher levels of a spell trigger additional particle effects and use the Ability level in a formula to do additional damage. True, I could have a separate Battle Event for each level or use the , but that would be a problem for spells with 10+ levels each. Actually, that is not a good example because I can use the Animation Steps: Battle Events to accomplish those goals. But I do see a use for these in non-combat situations.

For example: these steps would be necessary for trainers. Without them, there is no way to discover if the players already have the abilities, if the trainer can teach them higher levels or how much to charge.
    Post edited by Nixter on
  • @Nixter
    You can check for an ability with the Check Status and Status Fork steps, which allows checking for all kinds of status information, e.g. for an ability (also for level, if it's learned, etc.)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • D-oh! Sorry I missed that that. Yeah, that can handle most of my needs for now.
  • Small request. Not sure if it's currently possible, don't think it is. Would it be possible to get a step in the image event function to fade the image in/out.

Thanks
  • That's what the Change Image Color step is used for - to enable Fade to fade it in/out, just change the alpha value of the colors (like with most other fade settings, e.g. screen fading).
  • Ok, cool. Thanks the heads up.
  • Hey GiL,

Would it be possible to add Int type variables to the standard game variables?
    I've had a couple of issues with my random seeds casting to/from floats that have caused the saved value to be different when read. I was going to add them myself anyway but this could be something other people would benefit from anyway.
  • Just casting the float game variable to int should result in the same value, e.g.:

int randomSeed = (int)ORK.Game.Variables.GetFloat("randomSeed");
  • edited March 2014
    Casting it from the variable gives the correct value but if I do something like:

int randomSeed = Random.Range(0, int.MaxValue);

ORK.Game.Variables.Set("Seed", (float)randomSeed);
    int orkSeed = (int)ORK.Game.Variables.GetFloat("Seed");

Debug.Log("randomSeed: " + randomSeed + " orkSeed: " + orkSeed);

randomSeed and orkSeed will have different values as the casting of the int to a float causes an inconsistency in value. The log will show two slightly different values.

In most circumstances this wouldn't be a problem as once assigned you would pull the seed from the ORK variable. However, when using the seed inside a method as a local variable it makes sense to refer to the local variable rather than pulling from the ORK variable.
    Like I say, I'll likely implement int support for myself as I like to use ints as much as possible as they are far more reliable when making comparisons.
    Post edited by LordHogFred on