edited May 2019 in ORK Support
Is it possible to use a loading bar with the Scene changer?

I use playmaker to call the scene changer with start event but I'd like to use a loading bar to show when the scene is loading.

I'd like to have a loading screen instead of just a fade out and fade in.
Post edited by jrush64 on
  • A simple solution using only ORK would be to set up an Information type HUD with all Display Conditions set to Ignore, except for Changing Scenes being set to Yes.

Otherwise, you can use custom or 3rd party solutions via the Unity Wrapper settings in Game > Game Settings in the ORK editor. Use the custom Load Scene settings to have scene loading handled by some custom code (e.g. from a loading screen asset).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Im kind of confused about what you mean.

I prefer using ork for loading scenes because its easy to set up spawn points.
  • You'd still use ORK for that - the Unity Wrapper settings allow you to add other solutions into ORK's mechanics, e.g. using game object pooling or loading screen solutions from other developers (or custom solutions).

In case of the Load Scene settings, you're still using ORK's scene changers and spawn points, but instead of using Unity's default method of loading scenes, it'd use your custom solutions method, which e.g. loads a loading screen scene first.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2019
    Alright I understand that. I'm about to make a new topic for a new question. I was able to get it to work.
    Post edited by jrush64 on