• edited January 2022
    @gamingislove
    @Monkey_A_C that what I tried, but it shows me Nothing to import. All assets are already in your project, but in Macinom About section it still shows Beta 18

Edit: Ok, t seems I just needed to restart Unity and now it shows latest Beta.
    Post edited by Aratron on
  • @gamingislove How would we go about displaying information based on the currently selected (but not actually chosen, so more like highlighted) option in a Choice Dialogue? I have a party select schematic, and this is what I currently have worked out for a design:

I have the choices working by adding/removing the combatant from the player group, which also makes the HUD populate and organize as desired as well.

The only hang up I'm running into is how I'd go about displaying the description of the highlighted choice, without the player actually selecting it in the first place.
  • edited January 2022
    @gamingislove I want to use animation events to fire the activation of damage dealers, is this already featured in Ork3 do i need to write my custom activator script?
    I was thinking of referencing the damage dealer component and then call it's activation when animation event is triggered, but i think the damage dealer needs to be activated by each ability to correctly know what effects to apply. Maybe i could manually enable/disable only the collider at specific animation frames and have the damage dealer component activated as usual at the start of each attack animation schematic. Please let me know your thoughts on this.
    Post edited by Vlastan on
  • edited January 2022
    @joeee19
    Bug will be fixed in the next update.

@Acissathar
    You can add a Description content component to your UI box prefab, e.g. using the scene hierarchy context menu to handle the setup (click on the UI box): Makinom > UI Box > Content > Descritption

This'll show the UI box's selected input's description.
    Also, in case you haven't set it up that way (UI > UI Boxes > General Settings > Default Controls or override in each UI box), enabling Auto Select First Input will automatically have the first input of the UI box selected (should be the default).

@Vlastan
    Funny thing - that's actually part of the next beta :D
    There are changes coming for damage dealers, e.g. you can just set the dealer's action and activate it at any time, e.g. in a different schematic, via animation events (just calling the function) or also using animation events to activate a combatant's current action damage dealers (i.e. auto activation, so only those on the combatant+equipment).

Generally, you can already activate a disabled damage dealer, enabling it later will do damage.

BETA 26 will be available either later today or tomorrow.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ORK 3 BETA 26 is here!

Improvements to damage dealer handling - while you can use them as before, you also have new options. The new Set Damage Dealer Action node will just set the action (+prefab/audio) of a damage dealer without activation, allowing you to activate it at a later time (without setting the action). That way you can activate a damage dealer outside of a battle action's schematics - e.g. via the regular Activate Damage Dealer node (with Set Action disabled), per script or animation events.
    The Auto Damage Dealers setting in battle animations (schematics) has changed, so you'll have to redo that setup in case you used it. You can now activate the damage dealer, only set the action or do nothing. Redo is needed in ability/item battle animations.

Also, the new Combatant Animation Events component (add it to your combatant's prefab) allows animation events to call various damage-related functionality.

There are new nodes, Status Effect Added By to check if a combatant's status effect was added by defined combatant, and the Is Linked Combatant node is now also available for formulas and battle AIs.

New HUD content providers to show a combatant's ability (HUD Combatant Ability) or item (HUD Combatant Item) withouth shortcut slots. The new HUD Player Combatant content provider can be used outside the HUD system to bring HUD content to wherever you want, e.g. a custom UI or just as part of a UI box. It doesn't need any content provider below it and will just use the player or a member of the player group as content/user, feeding it to other HUD components that use it as content provider.

Flying texts can now be limited to only be created when within range of player/camera and the Button player control can finally use a Consumable status value for sprinting energy.

Also, the zone/area components for Block Combatant Spawn, No Random Patrol and No Click Move can now also block their things when their game object (or a child object) was hit by the raycast used to check for positions.
    E.g. you can now just add a Block Combatant Spawn and a No Random Patrol component at the root of your level's blocking architecture and have combatants prevented from spawning or patroling on them without having to set up actual areas.

See all changes on the beta page.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • The speed of the beta improvements is astounding.
    Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG
  • @gamingislove I use description contents so heavily in Menu Screens, I can't believe I forgot about them. Thank you :)
  • edited January 2022
    @gamingislove I need help with animation clips duration. How to correctly pass them to ork3 ?
    I have set duration type of each animation to Animation clip, but it's not working.
    The normalized 1 wait always results in 0 time for each animation played.
    I use Mecanim, do i have to write the duration in each state name of the animator controller?
    There's a note in the Ork editor about Mecanim not reporting animation durations, i need more info on this.
    Post edited by Vlastan on
  • @gamingislove

just a question regarding the betas and tutorial series.
    Do you update the tutorial pages aswell if something changed with the newest beta?
    So if i revisit an older tutorial, is it always up to date with the current beta state?
  • @gamingislove

Started getting this error with Beta 26:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.StringValue`1[T].GetValue (GamingIsLove.Makinom.IDataCall call) (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Reflection.CallParameter`1[T].GetParameterValue (GamingIsLove.Makinom.IDataCall call) (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Reflection.CallFunction`1[T].GetReturnValue (System.Object instance, GamingIsLove.Makinom.IDataCall call, System.Boolean isStatic) (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.CustomInputIDKeySetting.Tick (GamingIsLove.Makinom.InputIDKey inputKey, System.Int32 inputKeyID) (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.InputIDKey.Tick (System.Int32 inputKeyID) (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.InputKey.Tick () (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.InputKeysSettings.Tick () (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Maki.FireTick () (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.MakinomHandler.Update () (at :0)

I am using Rewired for an input system, and it's been the same I've been using since Beta 10 or so, with no new changes with regards to input on my end.

Could it be related to the Use Input change for camera controllers by chance? Mine is set to None as I am threading it all through customer controllers.
  • @Vlastan
    The Animation Clip duration type tries to find the animation's duration via the animation clip (i.e. by the name you provide. When Use State Name is enabled, it'll use the name of the state you defined for the animation. If the state's name and the animation clip it uses isn't the same, you need to define the animation clip's name.

E.g. if the state name is Attack and the clip's name is Attack, they're the same and you can enable Use State Name.
    But, if the clip name is different (e.g. attack or Attack1), you need to define the clip's name (or change the name of the state in your animator controller and ORK to match).

@Monkey_A_C
    Yes, I update the tutorials for each beta.
    I'm probably overlooking some things here and there, though, so let me know if you find any differences :)

@Acissathar
    Seems like a bug coming from the reduced garbage allocation changes.
    Will be fixed with a quickfix update soon :)
  • ORK 3 BETA 27 is here!

Just a quickfix update for issues introduced in BETA 26 :)
    See the beta page for details on the previous beta.
  • gamingislove said: I'll look into adding an option to keep the last selection active when it was closed.
    Does this mean that this is the fix for this problem?
    http://orkframework.com/ork-3-beta/#:~:text=Menu Screens: Combatant

If so, it seems that the problem I'm having is not being communicated properly.
    Turning on Focus Lost Keep did not solve the problem.
    I've made a video of the behavior I'm describing as the problem, so please take a look.
    It lowers the QoL during mouse and mobile touch operations.
    https://imgur.com/EYs2OF8.mp4
  • @joeee19
    Ah, that's what you meant.
    I'll look into adding it in the next update!
  • @gamingislove Some text in the Combatant Animation Events component inspector would be of help in easily identifying what are the events named.