• @Vlastan
    Good idea :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove Seems to work great, thanks!
  • @gamingislove Question: I'm using cinemachine third person aiming extension which does the raycast to find the hitpoint relative to the player character.
    I want to use that coordinates in my ranged attack schematic. What would be the optimal way to do it?
    I have the hit location represented as an invisible gameobject in the scene, i was thinking of grabbing it's transform in the schematic with a find node (maybe not the most performant way of doing it). Any ideas?
  • Looking forward to that real time battle tutorial because I can't seem to get my characters to actually damage each other using damage dealers and damage zones and I have no idea why.

I'll be glad when I master the basics cause I can see so much you can do with it.
    Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG
  • @Vlastan
    Hm, if you have any access to that empty game object, you could directly use it, e.g. by setting it as global selected data. Or have a tick machine on it that sets a global variable with it's position, etc.

@Solkyoshiro
    Make sure the damage dealer and damage zone can actually interact with each other (i.e. Unity physics).
    It's also a question of how stuff is moved, e.g. if you move via transform, that doesn't cause physics events (e.g. trigger enter).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • JMRJMR
    edited January 2022
    I haven't been looking into ORK 3 for too long, but I want to ask if this version includes combat logs that can show rolls and bonuses to rolls. Something like this :image
    or this :

or

This feature is a standard nowadays in RPGs, Pathfinder games have it, Solasta has it, Baldurs Gate 3 has it, Colony Ship has it, Pillars of Eternity have it. I think a game that would come out today without combat log showing rolls and bonuses to rolls would be badly received.
    Post edited by JMR on
  • edited January 2022
    Generally, yeah - that's possible, the details depend on what you want to display where (and when/how it should change).

E.g. there's the console and combatant console (i.e. console messages per combatant) that can be used to display all kinds of information, either added automatically (via the console texts) or manually via nodes in schematics.

For equipment or abilities, things can be added to the description automatically (e.g. the bonus text code, listing an equipment's status bonuses) or handled manually by either directly writing them into the description or either changing the description of an instance via schematics, or using string variables (on the equipment/ability/item) to add new information over time (and having the variables in the description via text codes).

There's also the Custom Content feature, that lets you add multiple content information assigned to individual content keys, that you can use via text codes.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • gamingislove said: @Solkyoshiro
    Make sure the damage dealer and damage zone can actually interact with each other (i.e. Unity physics).
    It's also a question of how stuff is moved, e.g. if you move via transform, that doesn't cause physics events (e.g. trigger enter).
    I've been trying all day to get this working and I'm still missing something. I have Damage Dealers on weapons for the Player and on the claw areas of monsters. I have them set up with tags.

Then I have a schematic where it uses Play Combatant Animation, a prefab, and sound for swinging. On the ability, I have Damage Dealer set to Activate. Then I have a schematic in the Damage Dealer that does the calculate action and the hit prefab.

In the debug log I can see where we are doing attacks, but the animations from the schematics aren't playing. It's like the schematic isn't going off.

Hopefully, the Real-Time tutorial is done soon cause right now it's really hard to get that style going as all the documentation is aimed at turn-based.

Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG
  • First part will drop today :)

Make sure your damage dealer is activated for long enough to actually do damage.
    Also, if it's activated when a combatant is already inside the trigger, you need to use Trigger Stay instead of Trigger Enter (same for collision).
  • That's so cool :)
  • And here's something even cooler :)

3D Action RPG Tutorial Series is here!

The new 3D Action RPG tutorials focus on setting up a real time battle system for action combat.
    The first 11 tutorials are now available, setting up a (very) simple status system, the player, player attacks, 2 enemies (with attacks, move AI and battle AI) and a rolling ability - and some HUDs.

Next tutorials will drop tomorrow and focus on items (potion and grenade).
  • @gamingislove

The pacing you upload the tutorials and betas is incredible! Great job!

But does that mean that with the start of the Action RPG tutorial series - the RPG Playground tutorial is finished? Or can we expect more to come there as well?

• @Monkey_A_C
    The playground series is probably never finished :)
    It's the main series for exploring all kinds of ORK's features, so this'll be ongoing and receive new tutorials from time to time. For now it'll remain as is, though, as I'll first focus on some other game setups, e.g. after the action RPG I have some 2D tutorials planned.

The 3D Action RPG tutorials are only a small series focusing on action combat and nothing else - it'll be done soon, item tutorials (potion/grenade and a HUD) will drop today and the last set for the final enemy (the big robot attacking everyone) should be ready tomorrow.
  • edited January 2022
    @gamingislove

I see ;)
    Thanks for the response.
    I am looking forward to all new things to explore throughout the tutorial series.
    Are you still interested in tutorial and feature requests for ORK3?

Cheers
    Post edited by Monkey_A_C on