• SK1SK1
    edited January 2022
    How come it hasn't been released yet? I wanted to buy ORK3.0 last night, and waited until 3:00 am!
    Post edited by SK1 on
  • @SK1
    Sorry that you waited - release is later today (in a few hours hopefully). Since I'm sitting in Europe, the times/dates I give are in european timezons, so it might be already a day later, depending on where you are.

@Dre788
    Ah, yeah ... those schematics are not part of the actual ability's battle animation (schematics), so sub action doesn't work there. I'd recommend to do the animation/changes in that schematic instead of calling an action - you can e.g. use the defend ability changes via the Use Ability Calculation node.

As for percentage changes - either use attack modifiers or integrate the whole mechanic into your formulas, damage, etc.
    I'd say the attack modifiers are the easiest way. E.g. set up an attack modifier only for defending and use it for every defendable status changes. That way you can control how much of the damage is done at any times via the defend attack modifier value of a combatant.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Also ...

ORK 3 will be available later today!

Still need to do some stuff, website updates, etc. - but ORK 3 is ready to be published in the asset store. So let's just hope the asset store doesn't take too long once I publish.
    E.g. Makinom 2 Pro was published within minutes, while Makinom 2 Free took about a week :D

Expect ORK 3's official release in a few hours!
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
  • @gamingislove

Congratulation! Super nice!!!
    I wish you a successful start and i am looking forward to things to come.

And its already purchased :)

Thanks for the other support here in the Forum! I very much appreciate it.

Cheers!
    I'd also highly appreciate getting reviews on the new asset in the store :D
  • You will get one.
  • Congrats on release GIL!!
  • @gamingislove Congrats on Ork3 release!
    Question time: my attack schematic which waits for the animation time, also stops the move ai for its duration. Any way to prevent that?
  • @Vlastan
    There's (naturally) a setting for that :D
    Your battle animations (i.e. where you set up the schematic) for your actions have a Block Move AI setting to control that. The default should have this enabled, as you usually don't want them to also be moved while animating their actions.
  • edited February 2022
    @gamingislove Sure, i was aware of that option and it's already unchecked.
    It must be something else.
    The combatant Move Ai Component mode parameter lists "Idle" during the pause of attack animation, then as it ends goes back to hunt.
    Post edited by Vlastan on
  • edited February 2022
    Ah, yeah ... while the move AI is allowed (e.g. detecting targets is still active), the actual movement logic isn't executed during actions.
    It can be active while casting, if cast move is enabled in the action's casting settings.

I'll look into more options for when to allow the move AI (action-wise).

Edit: Also, just so you know - the action will set the move AI's hunting target when it ended, i.e. a combatant will automatically hunt (or whatever else it's current move mode is) the target of it's action.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Congraz on the release! Everything is working fine after I purchased it and applied it over the beta. I was going to leave a review but it seems my old review is still there. Well, it said exactly how I feel about the framework now. Great work!

What are the plans for future versions of 3.0? Do you have a bucket list?
  • Yeah ... that's done automatically when setting up upgrade paths in the Asset Store.

In the near future I'll focus on new tutorial series, which usually also lead to improvements and smaller new features. So, don't expect big new features in the first few months, rather lots of small improvements.
    A first small update will be probably available next week.

There are a lot of small and big things I've on a list somewhere, but not really with a specific order :)
    Though, some of the first things I want to focus on:
    - improved editor search
    - better research tree visuals, i.e. some kind of UI builder for that
    - domain reload support (though that might take some time)
    There's also the support for the UI toolkit (formerly known as UI elements) as a new UI module that I want to add in the future, but that's an entirely different beast :D