• @Acissathar
    Will be fixed in the next update.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I didn't update to 3.16, went straight to 3.16.2 from 3.15

Got this error on update and now every time I hit play in console

Assembly 'Packages/com.unity.purchasing/UnityEngine.Purchasing.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:
    Assembly is incompatible with the editor

I suppose it could be from another package but I'm almost certain I haven't seen it until I hit the update to 3.16.2 today.

Unity 2021.3.8f1

Doesn't seem to affect anything

Thanks GiL!
  • @GeneralK
    Well, yeah, that's from a Unity package (purchasing), so you most likely need to update that via the package manager. Shouldn't have anything to do with ORK/Makinom.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2023
    I found a typo on the tutorial page for 3D RPG Quickstart
    https://orkframework.com/guide/tutorials/3d-rpg-quickstart/03-music-scenes-2/
    The rest of the scene changer’s setup is arleady how we need it, using Trigger Enter to start the scene change.
    The word 'already' is misspelled.

Edit: Missing close right bracket in https://orkframework.com/guide/tutorials/3d-rpg-quickstart/07-status-values-2/
    Maximum Value
    Set to 9999 (or the maximum value you want.
    The maximum possible value is 2147483647 (maximum integer value).
    Should be
    Maximum Value
    Set to 9999 (or the maximum value you want).
    The maximum possible value is 2147483647 (maximum integer value).

Edit 2: This mistake seems to be more than a typo

https://orkframework.com/guide/tutorials/3d-rpg-quickstart/09-first-abilities-2/#16-toc-title

Ally Single instructs setting the target type to Enemy Single. From context I think this is a typo but it can be confusing.
    Post edited by ClemPersonal on
  • @ClemPersonal
    Thanks for noticing - fixed those issues :)
  • Not sure if this is a bug or not.

I'm making a petrification status effect. Take physical damage and you are killed.

I setup the "Change Settings" in the status effect to set HP to zero when it is removed by Attacks and Abilities. (But not by items/battle end)
    In abilities I set it to only be triggered by an ability type (physical damage) so it could be cured by other abilities.
    The ability doesn't directly remove the status effect itself, but the effect still doesn't trigger even if I change it to do so.

However the target only takes lethal damage upon receiving an attack and not by being hit by a skill that has the ability type specified. I did some testing and the effect works if (Physical damage) type is the primary ability type, but if it is a secondary type the instant death effect doesn't occur. Is this intended behaviour?

Just wanted to check because I would prefer to have it check via a hidden secondary type as my primary ability types are used for ordering my battle/ability menus.

• @WO2
    It currently only checks the main type, but I can add checking the secondary types as well.
  • That'd be perfect, thank you.
  • @gamingislove I used Jetbrains Resharper to perform static analysis on the Makinom 2 and ORK Framework 3 solutions. I narrowed the results down to what I think are potential issues.

Makinom 2 Static Analysis
    ORK Framework 3 Static Analysis

There's also some spelling suggestions for Makinom 2, but it doesn't matter that much since it's not visible to players.

Makinom 2 Spelling
  • I have noticed that if you have an ability with a variable that is a template that references a variable change. And that variable change operates on a formula. The user/target does not get passed to the formula. Example : https://imgur.com/a/QIlNqQP
  • @Jon
    Ability variables are initialized when the ability is created (e.g. when a combatant learns it) or on level ups of the ability (for the new level's variables).
    They're not calculated each time they're used - think of them as something like optional stats of an ability. They're set up at the start and can be changed via variable changes later (but not automatically).
  • I'm having trouble getting Attack Status Effects and Defence Status Effect to work in the latest version of Ork. Nothing I seem to do is causing it to work but I was sure it worked when I tried it before the status effect update.
  • @Dre788
    Tested it and works fine here - make sure your abilities/items have Use Attack Effect and Use Defence Effect enabled in one of their target changes to use them.
  • make sure your abilities/items have Use Attack Effect and Use Defence Effect enabled in one of their target changes to use them.
    Ah dang, I had no idea that was there. Was that always there?? This means I've never actually tested it like I thought. I toggled it on and it works now. How did I miss something like this. lol Thanks.
  • Yeah, that was always there :D
    You can turn this on/off for each ability as needed, e.g. casting a fireball on a poison toad should probably not inflict poison on the caster, but a close range melee attack should.